Saturday, August 21, 2010

Regarding Pandemonium Renaissance

You know, it's been a while since I worked on Pandemonium Renaissance, which is one of the most cherished works I have ever done. I felt that everyone deserved a little update on what's going on with the title, which is not cancelled or ended.

I actually was about to pick up work on it again before the problems happened with SmackJeeves, but since that happened, the delicate inspiration I have always needed for Pandemonium Renaissance was a little damaged. I certainly didn't want to continue it at SmackJeeves, but at the same time I wasn't up to creating a whole new site at ComicDish and I wasn't sure where I wanted to go with it.

However, I have now decided, and I've begun work on it.

What I will do is, I am going to do full-page, glorious art nouveau pieces and tell the story in poetic language. I intend to colour as many of the pieces as I can and make a gorgeous picture storybook. I plan to release it in paperback and in hardcover. If the response and support are good, I'll also be willing to collect the SmackJeeves run into a comic for you to purchase as well.

The storybook Pandemonium Renaissance will be more like something that Luceferos and friends put out to tell their story and to show you how beautiful, how glorious Dis really is, and how magnificent the Abyss is. I was always challenged and, to some extent, frustrated by the comic format for the story, and I think the new format I am currently implementing will be much more suited to the story. It will also very likely lead to some new and gorgeous posters being made available for your enjoyment.

Of course, if this idea takes off and is met by significant support, I have other ideas too, like a festive grimoire, and other fun and beautiful things to enjoy. I know Pandemonium Renaissance was and is loved by many, and I never want to disappoint them. The story is my way of conveying to the world what I have seen in my visions and dreams. So I am sure you understand when I try to convey that it must be the absolute best I can do.

My plan is to take this Autumn and dedicate it to creating Pandemonium Renaissance as a storybook for all of you. Ideally I would like to have it available for the holiday season this year, but that may not be possible since it does take significant time, energy, and attention to do each and every piece of art, and I did ideally want to colour them all. I will not rush myself on this, because I don't want anything less than the best I can do, and I'm sure you don't either!

In any case, Autumn is dedicated to Pandemonium Renaissance. I finished inking the first picture for the book today, and I think it's going to be great fun and quite a healing experience to do. I'll be keeping you updated as regularly as possible, and I think you'll be surprised and impressed at what I've been doing lately!

2 comments:

  1. Are you saying it will not be published online first? WAAAAH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will probably not be published in its entirety online, no. There will be samples of course, and there will be images provided, naturally. But I will have to consider whether or not I want to provide it entirely when in past, doing so hasn't really increased the support for many of my works.

    If demand is high enough and support is there, of course I don't have any problem with providing it to an audience that wants to see it. However, I must test the waters first. As this will be an especially large amount of very hard and very involved work, I am hesitant about giving it away for free when I do need significant support on this title.

    I hope you do understand.

    ReplyDelete