Saturday, February 20, 2010

Sick. :|

For everyone who is checking here for updates about when my break will be over and Incubus Tales will start perhaps its most exciting chapter yet, I have a date for you: 2 March 2010!

It was going to be this coming Tuesday, but well...as the subject states, I'm currently ill and that means I've lost a couple of days of work and I'm not where I want to be before starting the new chapter. I'd much rather be at my goal so that I can bring you even more great stories.

The story, if you're interested, is like a convergence of awfulness. My housemates have had a touch of a cold or something that they passed to each other, but once they started feeling bad they told me to keep my distance so I didn't get sick. Unfortunately it was a couple of days too late, but that didn't become clear until later. The thing that really set it off was that one of them decided we needed to refinish our wooden countertop. This would otherwise be great, but since it's in the middle of an especially chilly winter, there was inadequate ventilation and we couldn't really open the windows and doors like should have been done.

So the day after that I started feeling especially cruddy. The same symptoms my housemates have had, made worse by the reaction to the intense fumes of the wood finish. I think the worst of it is over, but that doesn't change the fact that the aftermath is horrid: scratchy throat, mild fever (and the headache that goes with it), congestion...I'm just going to have to take it easy for the rest of the weekend.

But next week I'll be working to achieve my set goal and then on 2 March, Incubus Tales returns! So look forward to that, and I'll see you there.

Until next time, be well!

...and don't refinish your wood surfaces without adequate ventilation.

No comments:

Post a Comment